Present: Razz Taplin, Sharon Grover, Gil and Mediha Saliba, Ann Thompson,
Donna Goldfarb, Lucetta McLean
Mediha introduced new board members Donna Goldfarb and Lucetta McLean
April 30 Quilt Show and Craft Fair
The event was not as well attended as we’d hoped, but everyone had a good time and the craft booths were happy with their sales. Plant sales for the school went well.
Ann Thompson did a great job in the kitchen with the taco bar. Everyone enjoyed the meal.
The Calendar for May events:
May 14th Marina Pace will be renting the kitchen to create take-out Indian dinner
May 14th Mediha will do the Break in firing of new kiln. Razz offered to come help
May 21 and 22 Willow Basket making class Her deposit for $100 has been paid
Liz will open the studio for her
June 3, school ends. Graduation that night.
1. The thermostat needs to be replaced on the left side of the kitchen oven. First quote was $320 for the part and $500 for service charge. Mediha ordered the part at $322, but it is back ordered and will not arrive for 30-40 days. In the meantime she will check to see if Campora can install.
2. Whitson’s was called to put a new relay in our swamp cooler system. They replace a switch
on the roof, then will call when the relay part is available and can be installed. Meanwhile
Everything works well.
3. The board felt that maybe the gallery could be repainted after the school kids leave. Mediha
asked the board members to think of what might work as well or better than the traditional
white gallery walls. Also, maybe we could paint the doors to make them look a little more
4. Trish at Dream quest would like for us to identify the worst areas along our shared fence
where berries and poison oak are undermining the fence. — The board walked out
together and identified the areas. Mediha will talk with Trish.
5. Fire and Ice Event:
August 6, 2022
It was discussed and decided to make the event from 4-7 PM, as it will be August and
could be hot. We will plan do the open-mic at 5:00 PM
Ann will do finger foods
Mediha will email vendors about the event and give them information
Sharon suggested we bring some small tables and chairs to the front area and decorate
with nice table clothes to make it look more attractive. The Board agreed.
6. The Board is considering some landscaping for the front of the property that will make it
more artistic. No ideas yet.
Meeting adjourned at 6:15 Next meeting June 2nd.